The Internet offers many opportunities and importantly helps us to support your child in their learning through this challenging time. However, the internet also presents some risks to users and therefore parents and carers should take precautions to help protect their children.
How will we know that the work being set has come from our child’s teacher?
给学生所有的工作将使用设置 主教星际官方网址青蛙. If you are asked to do something that has not been set through Frog, it has not come from a member of staff at Bishop Luffa. Some teachers may signpost pupils within Frog to other websites or apps, but Frog will always be the starting point.
We have asked staff to ensure all email communication with pupils is done through pupils’ and staff’s Bishop Luffa email addresses. No communication should be made using private email accounts. Staff will therefore request that any work sent through a private email be redirected through a school email account.
Using additional online platforms and online private tuition
We are aware that some parents and carers may wish to engage with private tutors online or additional learning tools beyond that recommended by the school. If you do make this decision, please look for recommendations from other families before you begin. We recommend that if your child engages with this provision it should be in an area of the house where adults are present so you can confirm the interaction is appropriate.
What should my child do if they want to report abuse on the internet?
If your child experiences abuse online they can contact a member of the school’s safeguarding team at DSL@Bishopluffa.org.uk The school’s Safeguarding team are:
- Mrs L Watson
- Mr N Topley
- Mr J Saunders
- 杜^ h威廉姆斯
- Mrs S Smith
- Mrs E Conway
If pupils wish to access support from external agencies we would recommend:
Where can I find additional information for supporting my child on the internet?
These nationally recognised websites have valuable resources for parents and carers to use:
- 互联网问题 - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- 伦敦学习网 - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - 对于从NSPCC父母和照顾者支持
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- 英国互联网安全中心 - 建议家长和护理人员
- Childnet - has produced a Parent and Carer Toolkit which is a collection of three resources designed to help you talk to your child about their online life, manage boundaries around family internet use and point you in the direction of where to get further help and support.
- NSPCC网知道 - provides a useful guide to social networks, apps and games.